Job Opportunities – SWOSNA
2020-2021 Position Openings
W.E. STEBBINS HIGH SCHOOL
Allied Health & Nursing Career Tech Teacher
Must hold a current Ohio RN License
Must have at least a Bachelor’s Degree
Five years of experience in nursing
Minimum of two years of experience in caring for the elderly and/or chronically ill of any age in a nursing home or other long-term care facility.
Applicants must be willing to obtain an Ohio teaching license and willing to attend a university teaching program.
PROGRAM DESCRIPTION: The Allied Health College Tech Prep program is based on a 9-12 career field pathway design that prepares students for a variety of occupations within the health care industry. Curriculum is grounded in academic subject areas and built around a health care core and occupational clusters that include therapeutic and diagnostic occupations. Students will demonstrate the skills and credentials required for Ohio’s health care professionals and have opportunity to earn dual credit at the post-secondary level.
- Must possess proper credentials according to the Ohio Department of Education.
- In depth knowledge of health careers.
- Experience with care and treatment for the promotion of maintenance of wellness.
- Experience in the prevention and treatment of physical, mental and emotional disorders.
- Knowledge of state tested nurse aide exit exam
- Knowledge of college tech prep allied health programming.
- Knowledge of post-secondary education options.
- Knowledge of the competencies needed for entry level health positions.
- Knowledge of the labor market demands in the health field.
- Ability to establish close relationships with students.
- Ability to establish industry partnerships and form advisory committee.
- Knowledge of internship programs.
- Demonstrated willingness to maintain up-to-date skills through continuous training.
- Education – Minimum of an Associate Degree or higher in related field